Download Full Image
1. On Sept. 1, 1715 Louis XIV died in this city, site of a fabulous palace he built.
2. Around 1542 explorer Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo discovered this island off L.A. & it's believed he's buried there too.
3. Hard times," indeed! A giant quake struck New Madrid, Mo., on Feb. 7, 1812, the day this author struck England.
4. According to C.S. Lewis, it was bordered on the east by the Eastern Ocean and on the north by the River Shribble.
5. Arizona's motto, ditat deus, means he "enriches."
6. Pseudonym of labor activist & magazine namesake Mary Harris Jones.
7. To marry Elizabeth, Prince Philip had to renounce claims to this southern European country's crown.
8. This number, one of the first 20, uses only one vowel (4 times!).
9. A porch adjoining a building, like where Mummy often served tea.
10. Sakura cheese from Hokkaido is a soft cheese flavored with leaves from this fruit tree.
3. Charles Dickens
6. Mother Jones