ASU education alumni named Rodel Exemplary Teachers
The Rodel Foundation of Arizona recently announced its 2015 Rodel Exemplary Teachers, and half are Arizona State University alumni.
According to the foundation’s website, the 12 Arizona educators honored this year were selected for their “outstanding student achievement in high-need schools, their ability to mentor new teachers, and the recommendation of their principals and Rodel’s observation team.”
The exemplary teachers will be asked to mentor high-potential student teachers from Arizona colleges of education. Six of the selected 12 earned degrees in education from ASU’s Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College:
• Rosanne Carlson ’85 BAE, elementary education, ’89 MEd, elementary education. Carlson teaches third grade at Porter Elementary School.
• Martha Daniels ’05 BAE, elementary education. Daniels teaches eighth-grade mathematics at Ruth Fisher Elementary School.
• Zenaida Estrada ’06 BAE, elementary education. Estrada is a second-grade teacher at Mitchell Elementary School.
• Stephanie Lund ’09 MEd, elementary education. Lund teaches third grade at William C. Jack Elementary School.
• Sylvia H. Miller ’03 BAE, elementary education (bilingual). Miller teaches fifth grade at Western Valley Elementary School.
• Nancy Rhodes ’09 MEd, special education. Rhodes teaches sixth grade special education at Palomino Intermediate School.