Second class of ASU Leadership Institute announced
The Alumni Association announced members of the ASU Leadership Institute’s second class. After a competitive selection process, the ASU Leadership Institute chose 25 members for Class 2. These Sun Devils possess diverse backgrounds representing a variety of industries including banking, construction management, food manufacturing and distribution, government and the nonprofit sector.
“The cohort of ASU Leadership Institute’s Class 2 embodies the university’s charter of service to our communities as we continue to develop a strong pipeline of Sun Devil leaders,” said Christine K. Wilkinson, ASU Alumni Association president and CEO. “These individuals demonstrate the importance of lifelong learning, and the ASU Leadership Institute curriculum encompasses a comprehensive range of leadership education.”
The ASU Leadership Institute immerses participants in the culture and assets essential to ASU’s future and equips them with critical leadership skills through the nine-month program. The ASU Innovation Days will feature leadership experts in many fields including business, nonprofit management, media, health and military service.
The members of ASU Leadership Institute Class 2 are:
• Alka Arora-Singh, Glendale Community College
• Shawn Banzhaf, Arizona State University
• Kristin Bean, Business Development
• Jon Benninger, Informa/Virgo Publishing
• Timothy Climo, Shamrock Foods Co.
• Bill Conti, Landings Credit Union
ASU alum Joe Bertoletti, a member of Class 1 of the ASU Leadership Institute, speaks at the orientation session for members of Class 2. Bertoletti, who is the senior associate director of sports and tourism for the city of Surprise, completed the ASU Alumni Association's nine-month leadership development program in May 2019.
ASU alums Richard Nakazawa and Bianca Vargas participate in the orientation session of the ASU Leadership Institute.
ASU alum Aaron Myers of Wells Fargo Bank participates in the orientation session of the ASU Leadership Institute Class 2.
ASU Senior Vice President and Secretary of the University Christine Wilkinson speaks at the orientation session of the ASU Leadership Institute.
Class 2 members Michael D'Elena and Kristin Bean participate in the orientation session of the ASU Leadership Institute.
The orientation session for members of Class 2 of the ASU Leadership Institute included a panel discussion with the current and three former Chairs of the ASU Alumni Association Board of Directors and National Alumni Council. From left to right: Kathleen Duffy Ybarra, Rick Dircks, Trish Gulbranson and Brian LaCorte.
• Eric Cylwik, Sundt Construction Inc.
• Michael D’Elena North & Co, Real Estate
• Khaled El-Jurdi, Sandler Training
• Yolanda Facio, Strategy Systems Inc.
• Sonia Gomez, Cesar Chavez Foundation
• Justin Hodge, Muscular Moving Men
• David Humble, Tempe Police Department
• Melissa Kowalski, ICAN: Positive Programs for Youth
• Holly Linder, Linda Klauer PLLC
• Barbara Lloyd, Arizona State University
• Cameron Monkelien, Shamrock Foods Co.
• Aaron Myers, Wells Fargo Bank
• Richard Nakazawa, McAfee, Inc.
• Craig Prichard, Summit Navigation
• Nikki Riordan Ripley, city of Tempe
• Claudia Schroeder, Wells Fargo Bank
• Jen Scrivner, Goodmans Interior Structures
• Bianca Vargas, Girl Scouts Arizona Cactus Pine Council
• Susan Whetten Udall, LDS Immigrant Services Mesa Welcome Center
To learn more about the members of Class 2 and apply for Class 3 of the ASU Leadership Institute and, visit alumni.asu.edu/engage/leadership-institute.